Increasing livestock productivity.
Reducing methane emissions.
Food security, increasing livestock production, reducing methane.
Our goal is to increase beef and dairy productivity in developing nations, which will improve food security, improve farmer wealth and reduce methane emissions at the same time.
There are more than 1.5 billion cattle globally.
Approximately 1.1m cattle are in developing nations, contributing to a higher level of methane production due to poor animal nutrition and low feed quality.
We know that better bovine feed utilisation via high-quality feed supplements improves production and impacts emissions.
As reported by the United Nations, if we could reduce their methane production by 30% it could lower the earth's temperature by 0.2 degrees. AgCoTech believes that developing nations hold the key to an immediate and effective reduction of the earth's temperature. (UN Global Methane Assessment Report 2021 below)
In developing countries, through improved beef and dairy nutrition, AgCoTech with its patented and proven technologies can reduce methane output up to 40% of CO2e per animal, per year.
Less than 15% of animals globally have access to consistent high-quality feed.
More than 85% of the global cattle population are found on rangeland and extensive grazing environments.
Reducing cattle methane production across developing nations by just 10% can prevent 100 million tonnes of CO2e from entering the environment per year.
Introducing The Medicated Lick Block
AgCoTech have developed proprietary technology which improves cattle productivity and welfare and reduces methane production by up to 40%.
- We produce a range of medicated lick blocks (The Block) containing high quality nutrients and various active methane mitigants that are tailored for different environments, seasons, and cattle types.
- It improves the animal’s digestion of poor-quality feeds, boosting animals' immune system, leading to better health and welfare outcomes.
- Our Medicated Lick Block can generate up to 800kgs of CO2e reduction, per year, per mature large cattle unit.
Emissions Control Laos
Emissions Control AU
Abatement 600 AU
Abatement 30 - International
Manufacturing and distributing The Block.
The Blocks are manufactured and provided free to farmers in key developing countries to increase local food security and uptake of technology.
- The blocks will be manufactured locally and distributed by the manufacturer within each market.
- All AgCoTech verified SDG/carbon credits created from the Block delivery are assigned to AgCoTech Australia.
- AgCoTech Australia sells the credits to sustainable organisations, allowing AgCoTech to expand into more developing nations.
- Local manufacturing and distribution creates jobs in developing countries, improves community livelihoods and education, also allowing local farmers to engage with better beef and dairy feeding practices.
AgCoTech Blocks will reduce methane production in the highest emitting regions, whilst simultaneously enabling developing communities to better manage food security and regional prosperity.
Australia. Case Study
The Blocks are currently manufactured locally using 4Season as our contract manufacturer and sold directly to larger scale beef producers.
- AgCoTech works with beef producer calculating their carbon footprints, adjusting their supplementation programs for additionality to improve production and reduce methane output.
- AgCoTech creates verified offsets for the producers using either emission intensity or direct abatement models allowing them to offset their own emissions or sell offsets for additional income.
How can AgCoTech benefit you?
"AgCoTech's approach is unique - with a focus not only on reducing emissions, but also positively impacting the social and economic circumstances of Laotian farmers, and improving animal welfare. There must be real and meaningful action to preserve this planet, and our partnership with AgCoTech will allow us to contribute."
- Lance Pollard, Managing Partner, Bennett & Philp Lawyers
"We have a received some blocks from the project and now our cattle look healthier and grow faster. Before the emission control blocks it was difficult to bring the cattle home at night, today they return home more easily because they know the emission control blocks are waiting for them."
- Mr. Lae, Farmer from Nongchong Village
"Rural Aid is proud to offer our primary producers a range of tools to help them get out of a tight spot. Lick blocks are now a part of a Rural Aid toolkit that also contains financial assistance, hay deliveries, counselling sessions, water tanks and water deliveries. In addition to the traditional benefits associated with supplement feeding, these AgCoTech lick blocks have the added advantage of reducing methane emissions from grazing livestock."
- John Warlters, CEO, Rural Aid